Monday, December 14, 2009

Eden 2.0: Development - 52 Boards!

This is a project I worked on for Mr. Tardino's "Illustrative Drawing" class.  The original idea started out for an MMO game, though I would actually like to adapt it for a children's book.

This was the first time I really went after quantity over quality.  Most of the digital scenes in here aren't really well-developed.  I made this project more about finding many different possibilities and variations of stuff before committing to a big render... Ah, if only I had more time...

I also did a lot of the structural drawings for an open-ended assignment in advanced structural class.  (I did plenty of work for each class.  For example, we only needed 20 boards for Illustrative Drawing, but I did 52.)

And finally, it may seem paranoid, but since I have future plans for some of this stuff, I just want to say that all of the below is (c) Kirsten Zirngibl, Dec. 2009.  Not sure if typing that does anything for me, or if anyone besides me thinks any idea here would be worth taking, or if anyone even looks at my blog for that matter, but it's just that I've got detailed descriptions of stuff up here for the world to see and it makes me feel a little vulnerable...  I guess the risk is worth it for self-promotion...








































































































No comments: