Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lotsa figure paintings!

More quick digital life paintings, coming right up!

I tried to post them in chronological order.

Most of these were one-session poses, which means about 2-2.5 hours. Some were done in class, and some I did voluntarily in the "open figure" sessions my school offers for free.

I saved an average of five steps for each one I did, but still have to put most of them together. It takes more time than I'd like though, so unless someone asks me to I probably won't...

Anyway, I feel like I'm finally getting a little better at understanding how light plays on human flesh, though I think I have a ways to go still before I can really portray it accurately without any reference at all...

Anyway, I've been trying to get away from layering, and instead working on selecting accurate color the first time.




No comments: